Andraz3d
Dopiero zaczyna na naszym forum
Imię: Andraz

Re: Thesis 3.2 V6 - don't want to start

Post autor: Andraz3d » 14 lis 2015, 16:59

Hi all

Some update.

The car died again yesterday. After 20 tries, we finnaly heard click click and we tried again. On the 21st try, it started. And it started 15 times more.

Luckly, this was still at the mechanic. So his opinion now is that it is a starter issue, so the thing is getting changed on monday.

Will report with updates.

Andraz3d

Post autor: Andraz3d » 24 lis 2015, 17:47

Hi everyone

My mechanic broke his finger on the right hand, so he could not do any proper work for the last 10 days. Finally he managed to access the starter (he is saying that its extremely difficult to work on this engine because there is no space) and found out that the wiring to the starter was melted (close to the exhaust). So he changed that and it works as a charm. He still spent 6 hours on it and that is not cheap in Slovenia.

Anyhow, I would like to thank you all for all the support. I do wish to buy 2 spare relays, just in case. Any ideas about their catalogue numbers? Thank you.

Awatar użytkownika
s0krates
Forumowicz/ka
Forumowicz/ka

Post autor: s0krates » 24 lis 2015, 22:57

heh, told you it's starter... :)

but, there's one thing i can't accept. Why should You bother how much time it takes for a mechanic to repair a simple thing. Maybe he should pay You additionally if he is the one that's learning on Your car! He should know his f!@#$ng job : czerwona :

I have paid for the similar service like 50 eur.

Andraz3d

Re: Thesis 3.2 V6 - doesn't want to start

Post autor: Andraz3d » 25 lis 2015, 16:16

actually s0krates, it was not a starter, but the wiring to the starter :). Due to the high temperatures of the exhaust system plus due to the fact that the rubber insulator got eaten away (I suspect due to age), it was pretty much destroyed.

While I do agree with your comment regarding time spent. But thing is, if it takes 4 hours to get to the problem, someone needs to cover that. That is I believe the logic of most of the people. Especially since they could not known the cause until they actually got to the starter itself.

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Instalacja elektryczna”